The Flu Epidemic is Spreading
Flu epidemic will be declared as of 25th of January in Bulgaria’s Sofia district, which does not include Sofia city itself. Schools cancel classes for 5 days until 29th of January.
Flu epidemic is declared in Bourgas region as well. The Ministry of Health said on 24th of January that it had recommended to the regional educational administration in Bourgas that schools in the region be closed on the same days.
Because of the large number of flu cases, 314 schools across the country have cancelled classes on 24th of January, the health ministry reported.
Visits in hospitals, prophylactic immunizations, consultations for children and pregnant women are suspended. Regional health authorities monitor the epidemic indicators and undertake immediate measures as necessary because the picture is dynamic.
- » 120 Children in Romania are in a Hospital with Symptoms of Food Poisoning
- » About 30% of Bulgarians who have Suffered a Heart Attack Continue to Smoke
- » British Prisoners Renovated Wheelchairs for Sofia Hospital "Pirogov"
- » Congo Announces 11 New Confirmed Ebola Cases
- » Over 145,000 Families in Bulgaria have Reproductive Problems
- » Sadiq Khan to Ban Junk Food Advertising on London Transport to Tackle Child Obesity