Jean-Claude Juncker: Romania Have to Reconsider its Plans For Judicial Reform
''Romania have to reconsider its plans for a judicial rreform'', says a joint statement issued by European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and his first deputy, France Timmermans.
Thus, Romania becomes another EU country after Poland, where the EC wants a revision of the changes in the judiciary.
"The EC calls on the Romanian Parliament to reconsider its action plan and to launch broad debates in line with EC recommendations to create a broad consensus on moving forward," the statement said. "The independence of the Romanian judiciary and its ability to fight corruption effectively - it is a cornerstone of the strength of Romania as a member of the EU."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Savings for a Second Pension are Melting Because of the Crisis in Bulgaria
- » Associated Press: Bulgaria Aims to Build Russian Pipeline on Time
- » Bulgaria: The Detained Deputy Minister of Ecology Remains in Custody
- » Over 40% of the Bulgarian Oil-Bearing Rose Crop Will be Unharvested
- » Wizz Air: 20% Discount for all Flights to and from Bulgaria
- » New Deputy Minister of Environment and Water of Bulgaria is Slaveya Stoyanova