The Prime Minister has Requested Dismissal of the Director of the Child Protection Agency
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov submitted a proposal to the Council of Ministers for the release of Ophelia Kaneva as chairman of the State Agency for Child Protection. This was reported by the government information service. The temporary agent is assigned Dr. Valentin Dimitrov, Deputy Chairman of the Agency. Borisov also ordered the Chief Inspectorate of the Council of Ministers to make a thorough inspection of the SACP's activity, in which to specifically analyze the monitoring and control of the specialized institutions for raising children concerning the observance of the rights of the child.
The motive for the change proposed by Prime Minister Borisov in the SACP leadership is the failure to take adequate measures against the violence in the home for children and youth with disabilities "Chrysanthemum" in Gabrovo.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor