Musical and Artistic Events on the 20th Anniversary of Sofia Metropolitan
On the eve of marking the 20th anniversary of the launching of the first metro section in Sofia, Metropolitan Municipality and Metropolitan organize free music and artistic performances, the press service of the Municipality announced.
The first performance, music in the subway, will be today, January 24, on the terrace of the Serdika 2 metro station. At 12.00, a concert will feature Dixie Boys Band.
By the end of the week, in connection with the anniversary, various musical and artistic events are scheduled to take place in the subway.
On January 28, 2018, the Sofia metro marks 20 years since the commissioning of its first section between the stations ''Slivnitsa'' and ''Konstantin Velichkov''. On that day, in 1998, the first train of the Metropolitan Underground Railroad traveled on a 6,4 km long and 5 stations. The construction of the first 5 stations began in 1979, when the first sod of the ''Vardar'' Station was made, reminded the Municipality.
Twenty years after the historic first underground train journey on the new 6.4 km stretch from Lulin to ''Konstantin Velichkov'' Blvd., the metropolitan underground railway has already built a 40 km route.
- » Minister Neno Dimov: We have Made Significant Progress in Regards to Air Quality During the EU Presidency
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » The 6-year-old Bulgarian Girl, whose Parents were Killed in Cape Town, Returned to Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog
- » A Collector from Varna Gathered 21 000 Tickets for Public Transport
- » BGN 2340 per Month are Needed for or a Normal Life of a Family of Four in Bulgaria