Musical and Artistic Events on the 20th Anniversary of Sofia Metropolitan
On the eve of marking the 20th anniversary of the launching of the first metro section in Sofia, Metropolitan Municipality and Metropolitan organize free music and artistic performances, the press service of the Municipality announced.
The first performance, music in the subway, will be today, January 24, on the terrace of the Serdika 2 metro station. At 12.00, a concert will feature Dixie Boys Band.
By the end of the week, in connection with the anniversary, various musical and artistic events are scheduled to take place in the subway.
On January 28, 2018, the Sofia metro marks 20 years since the commissioning of its first section between the stations ''Slivnitsa'' and ''Konstantin Velichkov''. On that day, in 1998, the first train of the Metropolitan Underground Railroad traveled on a 6,4 km long and 5 stations. The construction of the first 5 stations began in 1979, when the first sod of the ''Vardar'' Station was made, reminded the Municipality.
Twenty years after the historic first underground train journey on the new 6.4 km stretch from Lulin to ''Konstantin Velichkov'' Blvd., the metropolitan underground railway has already built a 40 km route.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 50 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » A Bunker at Home, or how Bulgarians' understanding of Security is Changing
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Record Price Increase of Building Materials in Bulgaria: Families are waiting for Repairs for Months
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Protests against sending Arms to Ukraine are expected all over Bulgaria