Borisov Discussed Preparations for the EU-Turkey Meeting with the Turkish Ambassador
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov met with Turkish Ambassador Hassan Ulusoy, reports MS. During the talk, Ulusoy congratulated the Bulgarian Prime Minister on assuming the rotating presidency of the Council of the EU and expressed his expectation that this would be a successful period not only for our country but also for the whole of Europe.
The two were unanimous that dialogue between EU Member States and Turkey should be normalized in a context of understanding and rational solutions. Prime Minister Borissov and Ambassador Ulusoy discussed the preparation and organization of the forthcoming meeting between the leaders of the leading European institutions and Turkey.
The meeting also discussed the ongoing cooperation and partnership between Bulgaria and Turkey in the field of culture. The rebuilding of spiritual buildings on the territory of the two countries was also declared at Prime Minister Borisov's meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on January 7 in Istanbul when they opened the restored Bulgarian church "St. Stephen".
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov and Turkey's Ambassador summarized at their meeting that Bulgaria and Turkey will continue to actively cooperate bilaterally because, apart from our immediate neighbor, the Turkish state is also an important partner in the field of migration, the fight against terrorism, agriculture and energy, the government's press office added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lavrov: After the Mess Up in Bulgaria, our Embassy cannot Function Normally
- » Russia stopped issuing Tourist Visas for Bulgarians
- » History: How many Times were Diplomatic Relations between Russia and Bulgaria Severed
- » 70 Diplomats and Employees of the Russian Embassy are Leaving Bulgaria
- » Expelled Russian Diplomats are Leaving Bulgaria with their Families: 2 Flights are Taking Out more than 160 People Today
- » Ambassador Mitrofanova will Propose to Putin the Closure of the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria