Thousands of Romanians Protested in Bucharest
More than 10,000 Romanians gathered in Bucharest's Romanian capital to protest against the latest legislative changes passed by parliament, the agencies said. The demonstration route started at the University Square in the Parliament to go to the Ombudsman, the Constitutional Court, and the National Audiovisual Council.
Protesters believe that the changes will hamper the work of the prosecution in the fight against high-level corruption.
The beginning of the protest was marked by clashes between the demonstrators and the police forces of the University Square. The crowd chanted: "Thieves."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Tests Are Going to Show if Indian Variant Can Beat Immunity after Vaccination
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 518 New Cases, Slight Increase of Fatalities
- » Reuters: Toshiba European Operations Suffer Ransomware Cyber Attack
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries
- » Another Surge of Covid-19 in Bulgaria Is possible in Autumn – Prof. Nikolay Vitanov