Russia Accused the Ukrainian Authorities of Preparing for a New War
Russia accused the Ukrainian authorities of preparing for a new war after the parliament in Kiev passed the law on the reintegration of Donbass, defining the armed conflict in the eastern part of the country as "a temporary Russian occupation," the BNR reported.
Unfortunately, we are witnessing a situation in which there is a danger of escalation of tensions in Ukraine with potentially unpredictable consequences for total peace of security, the Russian Foreign Ministry warned.
The conflict in eastern Ukraine began after the overthrow of Pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych. More than 10,000 people died in April 2014. The Minsk agreements, signed in February 2015 with Russia, France and Germany, allowed a reduction in the intensity of the fighting, but did not lead to a political settlement of the conflict, France's press reported.
- » Russia will soon Open Bridge linking Crimea to Russia
- » Thousands Arrested in Protest against Putin
- » Thousands Protest in Moscow over the Blocking of Telegram
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration
- » Sergei Lavrov: Russian Specialists Find no Trace of Chemical Attack in Douma
- » Putin Says Daesh Remains Global Danger Despite Military Defeat