The British Cabinet has Added a "Minister for Loneliness"
Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May has created a new post in the Cabinet - the "Minister of Loneliness", and appointed Deputy Minister for Sports and Civil Society Tracey Crouch.
"For too many people loneliness is a sad reality of modern life. I want to fight this problem in the name of our society and of all of us, to help overcome the loneliness of the elderly, the educators, those who have lost relatives - with those people who have no one to talk to, no one with whom to share their thoughts and experiences, "said May.
According to the British Red Cross, more than 9 million Britons (65.6 million people) often or permanently suffer from loneliness. The organization calls this phenomenon a "hidden epidemic".
May has created the post of "Minister of Loneliness" at the Ministry of Health on the recommendation of the parliamentary committee to combat loneliness.
A strategy to combat loneliness will be published later this year, with national governments and regional authorities, social services, volunteers and businessmen taking part.
- » The SJC will Revote Ivan Geshev's Nomination for Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor on Thursday
- » US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November 25, 2019
- » PM Borissov: The Construction of the Greece-Bulgaria Interconnector Is a Priority of the Government
- » New Commissioners-Designate Candidates Hearings’ Will Take Place on 14 November
- » The Game of Envoys: Are the EU and the US Taking the Western Balkans more Seriously?
- » Rumen Radev:The Expertise of the Venice Commission Should Contribute to Implementing the European Democratic Practices in Bulgarian Legislation