Netanyahu: The United States will Move its Embassy in Jerusalem in One Year
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the US would move its embassy from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv by a year, DPA said.
This drastically differs from the estimates of representatives of the White House that the move could take at least 3-4 years because of strict security measures and other requirements. Netanyahu, who is visiting India, spoke to journalists during his flight from Delhi to Gujarat.
"I am confident that the move will be much faster than people think, up to one year from today," the prime minister said, quoted by The Times of Israel. His words were then confirmed by his spokesman. US President Donald Trump acknowledged Jerusalem as Israel's capital on December 6 and launched a move to relocate the US Embassy in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Israel for many years has said that this city is its "indivisible capital," but Palestinians want East Jerusalem to be the capital of its future state.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Ambassador H.E. Herro Mustafa: Joe Biden Is Unifier, Bulgaria Is Our Important Ally
- » Diplomatic Scandal Arising Between EU and UK
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US: I Hope New President Will Waiver Visas for Bulgarians
- » Russian Repression Machine in Action: Rallies in Support of Navalny Planned for January 23 Will Be Suppressed
- » Gallup International: Five Parties Will Be in Bulgarian Parliament for Sure
- » Bulgaria’s President Had Meeting with Foreign Minister of Serbia