Juncker: Bulgaria is an Inspiring Example for the Western Balkans
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker told the EP today that Bulgaria is an inspiring example for the Western Balkans.
"The Bulgarian 6 months will be of the utmost importance to the EU. I visited Bulgaria and found it well prepared for it, "he said, emphasizing the importance of European cooperation on migration and digitization. According to Juncker, Bulgaria has proved that it can build bridges between the EU and the Western Balkan countries.
"Bulgaria is predestined for such a role. She knows the region well and has gone through difficult processes. I always give as an example Bulgaria, which has achieved significant successes - is excellently dealing with debt and budget deficits, unlike many other countries. These are excellent prerequisites for joining the Eurozone waiting room, "the EC President said.
"Bulgaria can and will be a source of inspiration for the countries of the Western Balkans. That is why the Bulgarian prime minister rightly rules their relations with them as a priority, "Jean-Claude Juncker said.
"I want to send the message to the Western Balkan countries that joining the EU is not a natural thing, but it needs to be won with a lot of effort. All conflicts must be settled before their accession to the EU. The countries of the Western Balkans deserve a real European perspective. Their accession to the Union will not take place until the end of this mandate of this European Commission because they do not meet the necessary conditions. They need to make the necessary reforms, "Juncker said.
"I am confident that Bulgaria will finish well as a chairman, and that Boyko Borissov is a proven European democrat." The success of a presidency is not dependent on the size of a country but on the will of its leaders, and Bulgaria and Boyko Borisov are keen to achieve success. this presidency, "the President of the European Commission is categorical.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria in Crisis: How World’s Saddest Place Became Deadliest
- » Boyko Takov: How to Survive in Time of Pandemic, Useful Tips for Bulgarian companies from BSMEPA
- » IME: Bulgarian Government Chose the Easiest Way for Budget Relaxation
- » IFIMES: Bulgarian ‘Certification’ of Identity of Macedonians and Macedonian Language?
- » COVID-19: New Theory Suggests That Wearing a Mask Builds Immunity
- » Boyko Takov, BSMEPA: 90% of Companies in Bulgaria Are Micro, However Generating a Little Over 1/3 of Revenues in the Sector