Erdogan Meets the Pope on February 5th
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will visit the Pope next month on February 5, according to a news release.
The most likely topic of the conversation will be the widespread controversial reaction of US President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
The Vatican confirmed the visit.
Pope Francis and Erdogan have already discussed the crisis with Jerusalem over the telephone, expressed their concerns and agreed that it is necessary to maintain the status quo of the city.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian MFA: We Expect the Albanian PM to Express Himself as a Politician from an EU Candidate Country
- » Bulgaria to COREPER: Right Now there is No Way to Solve the Issue with North Macedonia
- » PM Petkov confirmed Bulgaria's demands to North Macedonia, EU is Frustrated
- » Biden Nominates a New Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » Macron is ready to Organize a Sofia-Skopje Meeting in Paris
- » The US Condemned the Arson of the Bulgarian Cultural Center in North Macedonia