Blast Injures Several in Belgium, Terrorism Ruled Out
An explosion injured several people and brought down a residential building in the Belgian city of Antwerp on Monday evening, police said, stressing the incident was not related to terrorism, Reuters reported.
Belgian news agency Belga reported five people had been injured. Antwerp police said two adjacent buildings might have also been damaged in what state broadcaster RTBF said was a gas explosion.
Belgium has been on high alert since deadly suicide bombings in 2016 and a wave of Islamist attacks across Europe.
- » EU Confronts Member States Issuing Citizenship for Money
- » Passenger Traffic up at European Airports as Freight Growth Fades
- » Eurozone GDP Slows Again as Exports Falter
- » Brexit: Barnier Rules out Key UK Customs Proposal
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » EU to Hit Google with 4.3 Billion Euro Fine in Android Case