Blast Injures Several in Belgium, Terrorism Ruled Out
An explosion injured several people and brought down a residential building in the Belgian city of Antwerp on Monday evening, police said, stressing the incident was not related to terrorism, Reuters reported.
Belgian news agency Belga reported five people had been injured. Antwerp police said two adjacent buildings might have also been damaged in what state broadcaster RTBF said was a gas explosion.
Belgium has been on high alert since deadly suicide bombings in 2016 and a wave of Islamist attacks across Europe.
- » Donald Tusk Recommends the EU27 Accept the UK Request for an Extension
- » The European Commission Has Released a Monitoring Report on Bulgaria
- » Juncker and Tusk: Delaying Talks with Skopje and Tirana Was a Huge Mistake
- » For 45% of Serbs, the EU's Мost Аcceptable Foreign Policy Priority
- » Brexit Will Affect the Welfare of Countries, the ECB Director Warned
- » BNR: Bulgaria and Croatia Disappointed with Delay of Accession Talks with Skopje and Tirana