Belgian Fighters Escort Russian Bombers Across the North Sea
Two Belgian fighters F-16 were lifted in the air to escort two Russian strategic bombers Tu-160 over the North Sea. A Belgian newspaper citing a source from the army said.
There is no formal confirmation of the information so far, according to TASS.
According to the Belgian press, from mid-last week, Belgium is responsible for the security of the airspace of the Benelux countries. Earlier in the morning, the British Defense Ministry reported to TASS that Typhoon fighters were picked up to escort Russian aircraft.
- » Bulgarian Military Ministry Delegation is Leaving for the United States
- » Russian Military Braces for Massive War Games in the East
- » U.S. and Bulgarian Navy Servicemen Participated in Joint Exercise in Varna
- » Israeli F-16S: A Possible Upgrade to the Bulgarian Air Force
- » US Plans to Upgrade Military Bases in Romania, Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Navy Will Receive New Motorboats for $2 million as a Donation from US