Dozens of Babies Infected with Salmonella Because of Dangerous Baby Milk
Nearly 40 children are infected with salmonella from baby foods in France and Spain. One of Europe's largest dairy companies has already withdrawn tons of food from the market, NOVA informs.
An investigation has shown that the infection comes from a company factory in Laval, in the northwest of France. The factory was closed by a government decision.
About 12 million baby food packages have been withdrawn from the market. 250 workers in the factory are placed in forced leave.
Lactalis sells baby food all over the world and its products are distributed by the largest retail chains.
Salmonella is dangerous for life when it comes to young children.
"The factory remains closed until Lactalis proves that the necessary adjustments have been made and the production is safe, and checks will be made as to whether there are any traces of the bacteria," said French Agriculture Minister Stefan Traver.
"The operation to withdraw baby milk cans produced by the French company Lactalis covers 83 countries."
This was explained by President and CEO Emmanuel Beanie in an interview with a French journal.
He promised to compensate all families affected by salmonellosis, he said.
Beanie has defended the way he has managed the contagion crisis, as in recent days the company's leadership has been sharply criticized by the French government and consumers.
"There was no desire to hide things at any time," said Beanie, who has been in charge of the family business since 2000.
Previously, the company was headed by his father and his grandfather.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kremlin: Bulgaria Expelled Russian Diplomats under External Pressure
- » The US will Send more Forces to Europe and will Move the HQ of the Fifth Army to Poland
- » Day 126 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 36 People are Missing after the Russian Strike on Kremenchuk
- » Boris Johnson calls on NATO Allies to Increase Military Spending
- » Radev and Biden were Guests at the Official Dinner for the NATO Summit
- » NATO: There is an Agreement with Turkey to accept Sweden and Finland