A Sharp Decline of the Dollar After News that China Could Stop Purchasing US Government Bonds
The US dollar is under strong sales pressure after the Bloomberg agency said the Chinese authorities would reduce or even stop buying US Treasuries, said the BNR.
Bloomberg quoted unnamed sources close to the topic that official Chinese authorities overseeing the country's foreign exchange reserves have recommended a delay or even a suspension of US Treasury purchases. In their view, US government bonds have become less attractive than other financial assets. China's existing trade strain with the US may also be a reason for slowing or stopping US debt purchases, they say.
Though unsubstantiated, the news provokes aggressive dollar sales on foreign exchange markets, although at the same time yields of 10-year US bonds jumped to a ten-month high of 2.588 percent, the National Radio adds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NSI: Bulgarians Are Pessimistic About Their Income in the Next 12 Months
- » Record Decline: Euro Zones GDP Shrank by 14.4%
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy Will Support the Economy with BGN 1.8 Billion
- » LIVE: Bulgarian Government is Allocating BGN 1 Billion for Social and Economic Measures in the Fight Against COVID-19
- » Experts Predict a 21% Increase in Bankruptcies in Bulgaria
- » What is Bitcoin Halving and Why Is It Important?