EU to Host Meeting with Iran on Nuclear Treaty Thursday
The European Union is to host a meeting with the foreign ministers of Iran, France, Germany and Britain to discuss the state of a landmark nuclear agreement with Iran, reported the Washington Post.
EU foreign affairs chief Federica Mogherini convened Thursday’s meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Jawad Zarif “to ensure a full and continued implementation” of the 2015 agreement.
Under the accord, Iran curbed its nuclear program in exchange for an easing of international economic sanctions. The United States has said it would consider scrapping the deal.
Mogherini, the European Union’s top diplomat, says the United States stepping away from a landmark nuclear deal would be counterproductive and insists other disputes with Tehran should be tackled in other ways.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Hungary and Poland are Against the EU's Plan to Reduce Gas Consumption
- » Romania expects Schengen Membership by the End of the Year
- » IMF urges Europe to Shift Energy Costs to Wealthier Consumers
- » The EU is preparing for an Escalation between China and the US