A Mild Earthquake in Petrich Area
An earthquake of magnitude 3 on the Richter scale is registered in the region of the village of Skrut, Municipality of Petrich.
The quake was at 14.32 hrs Bulgarian time, according to the site of the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography (NIGGG) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Maria Popova of NIGGG to BAS explained to FOCUS that the earthquake near Scrut is an aftershock of the Greek shocks. "In Sandanski, Petrich and Gotse Delchev it was not felt," Popova commented.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached