The Air in Sofia is Yet Again Dangerously Dirty
The pollution now. Source: airtube.info
Once again dirty air in the capital and on weekends. In the past two days, fine particle levels have reached 250 micrograms per cubic meter at an acceptable rate of 50, reports bTV. This shows the data from the airtube.info site of the "Code: Bulgaria" Foundation.
The dirtiest air was in the neighborhoods of Krasna Polyana, Ovcha Kupel, West Park and Buxton. According to experts, 60 per cent of the pollution in the capital is due to road traffic. At the same time, 1/3 of the cars in the capital are outside the eco standards and can be stopped by traffic.
At the end of November last year, the Ministry of the Environment acknowledged that the dirtiest is the air in the neighborhoods where they are heated on solid fuel. Several districts protest against air pollution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Orange Code for Intensive Rainfall around the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain, Clouds and Low Temperatures
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max Temp between 12°-17°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rainfall will Continue, Most Intense in Eastern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Uses Only 2.9% of Recycled Waste
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Heavy Rainfall in 6 Districts in the Country