At Least 11 have Died in an Avalanche in India
At least 11 people have died in the fall of an avalanche in the Indian part of Kashmir, the Bulgarian National Radio has quoted DPA. The Agency refers to local authorities. Two cars were overwhelmed by the avalanche. Police, army, and rescue teams pulled out the bodies of 11 people. Two survivors were taken to the hospital. Among the dead there are five women and a two-year-old child.
Avalanches are a frequent phenomenon in the Kashmir Himalayan region, divided between India and Pakistan. In 2012, an avalanche in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir killed 140 people.
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs
- » The Ozone Hole over Antarctica - the Smallest in almost 30 Years!
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria