Bulgaria's NPP Kozloduy Opens 21.2 mln Euro Repair
Bulgaria's sole nuclear power plant (NPP) Kozloduy said it has opened a 41.4 million levs ($25.6 million/21.2 million euro) tender for repair and maintenance services of the main and adjacent equipment and systems on the NPP’s units 5 and 6.
The tender is divided into five lots, according to a tender notice posted on the website of the Public Procurement Agency.
In November, Bulgaria's nuclear regulator granted NPP Kozloduy a ten-year extension of the operational licence of its Unit 5, until 2027.
Later in November, the NPP successfully completed the first stage of planned tests of its Unit 6 related to a project to increase the unit’s capacity to 104%.
Kozloduy remained with two operational units of 1,000 MW each, Units 5 and 6, after Bulgaria closed down four older units of 440 MW each to address the nuclear safety concerns of the European Union prior to the country's accession to the bloc in 2007.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria will Introduce FITs for Solar Systems
- » CPC Sealed Office of the Bulgarian Oil and Gas Association
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Finance Proposes to Establish State Oil Company
- » 2000 km Away from the Green Deal: How the History of One Power Plant Turned into Destiny for Several Generations of Bulgarians
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Operating Steadily under the Hardest Measures against COVID-19
- » The Impact of Covid-29 on Energy Markets