19 Syrian Civilians Killed in Syria after Russian Air Strikes
At least 28 civilians have been killed in bombing and shelling against the besieged Syrian East Ghouta region near the capital Damascus. 19 people were killed on Wednesday in a Russian air strike in the city of Mizraba and the rest were killed the same day in regime strikes and shelling in other areas, the Syrian Observatory on Human Rights Watch said. Among the killed, there are 7 children and 11 women, said the head of the UK-based Observatory Rami Abdel Rahman.
The victims were taken to Duma Hospital. East Ghouta is one of the last areas left under the control of the opposition in Syria, there are mainly rebels from the Jaysh al-Islam group. The area has been besieged by government troops since 2013, leading to a serious shortage of food and medicines for around 40,000 local residents.
Bombing has taken place, although East Ghouta is one of the four demilitarized areas agreed with Russia, Iran and Turkey.
The leader of Jaysh al-Islam, Mohammed Alush, accused the regime of preparing attacks against Eastern Ghouta.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved
- » Erdogan declared Three-Month State of Emergency in 10 Regions of Turkey, Deaths from the Earthquakes are now 5000
- » Day 349 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Expects a New Russian Offensive Very Soon
- » Turkey's Energy Infrastructure after the Earthquakes: Huge Fire, Stopped Gas and Oil Pipelines
- » More than 4,300 People Died from Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- » Thousands of Dead after Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria (OVERVIEW)