SIMEON II MOVEMENT WITH NOMINATION FOR PRESIDENT
Politics | September 10, 2001, Monday // 00:00
The Simeon II National Movement most probably will not support Peter Stoyanov candidacy for second presidential term. It is widely exoected that Simeon II National Movement and its leader, Simeon Saxe-Coburg will promote their own candidate for the presidency. The possible nominations are Boyan Biolchev, rector of the Sofia University`St.St. Kliment Ohridski`, Stefan Sofianski, Sofia`s Mayor and Dimitar Popov, former Bulgarian Prime Minister. More options are also possible. The expectations are that the nomination for President on behalf of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms will be coordinated with the Simeon II National Movement. Ahmed Dogan, leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms said that the announcement will most probably take place in 10 days.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov: We are Witnessing Attacks against the Parliamentary Republic
- » Ninova on the events in the Bulgarian Parliament: Genders against Fascists
- » Radev: I don't expect the Kiss between Borissov and Petkov to give Birth to anything other than Disgust
- » Bulgaria: Insecure Pro-Russian MPs Spat, Yelled and tried to Fight in Parliament
- » Borissov: Denkov and Mariya Gabriel are Close to Making a Decision
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo