USAID RECOMMENDS `ANTI CORRUPTION` AGENCY
Politics | September 10, 2001, Monday // 00:00
Bulgaria should have an anti-corruption agency or commission. It should be like the one, which the British government established years ago in Hong-Kong. This is only one of the recommendations in the report of the US Agency for International Development on the corruption in Bulgaria. The document will be discussed at a conference of the organization under `Partnership in Transition`. The forum will last two days and 23 states from the former socialist block will take part in it. The report is a review of the development of the problem with corruption in Bulgaria since the beginning of 1990, Boyko Todorov from the Center for Democracy Research said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov: We are Witnessing Attacks against the Parliamentary Republic
- » Ninova on the events in the Bulgarian Parliament: Genders against Fascists
- » Radev: I don't expect the Kiss between Borissov and Petkov to give Birth to anything other than Disgust
- » Bulgaria: Insecure Pro-Russian MPs Spat, Yelled and tried to Fight in Parliament
- » Borissov: Denkov and Mariya Gabriel are Close to Making a Decision
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo