The Russian Court Rejected Navalny Candidacy of the Russian Presidential Elections
Russia's Supreme Court rejected on 30 December the appeal of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny against the decision of the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) not to allow him to participate in the presidential election in March 2018, Reuters reported.
Earlier this week, the CEC banned Navalny from taking part in the 18 March elections, as there is a conditional sentence for the misuse of state funds. According to the opposition, CEC's decision is politically motivated. He could have run for president if he had been given special permission or if his sentence was canceled.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Italy's Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio: Don't Treat Italy like a Leper Colony
- » Trump's War Against Social Media
- » European Commission: EUR 9.218 Billions Grants for Bulgaria, Italy and Spain on Top of the Table
- » Doubts Remain over Readiness of Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania for Schengen
- » Bulgaria Lifts 14-Day Quarantine, It Remains for 8 Countries Only
- » Bulgaria's Deputy Minister of Environment and Water is Arrested