Snowstorms Left 24,000 Households in the UK Without Electricity
The snowstorms that hit the United Kingdom on the night of Wednesday left 24,000 households without electricity and led to the closure of a number of roads and highways, Sky News reported.
Serious truck crash caused by the complicated winter environment has caused the blocking of the M1 motorway in all lanes. As a result, a kilometer-long automobile congestion was formed, FOCUS reports.
Police have recommended drivers to look for alternative travel routes until the sails are cleared. Meanwhile, the Environmental Agency has issued 110 flood hazard warnings or flooded areas in the country, mostly in Southwest and Central England. Passengers at Birmingham Airport are warned that the snow may affect the flight schedule.
- » Windy Today with Rain Showers and Thunder in East Bulgaria
- » Heat Wave Turns Deadly in Japan Following Historic Flooding
- » Rainfall is Expected in Almost All of Bulgaria
- » The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
- » The New Week in Bulgaria Begins with Sun, after that there will be Rain in some Places
- » Massive Iceberg Threatens Greenland Village as Residents are Evacuated