Erdogan Closed a University and Arrested 54 Teachers
54 teachers from the Fatih University in Istanbul are arrested on suspicion of adherence to Gulen, the Anatolian agency said on Friday, cited News.bg. The school is closed by state decree.
According to the agency, the police had orders to arrest a total of 171 academic staff. They are said to have used a coded messaging application that the government believes are used by Gullen's supporters.
After the so-called coup in the summer of last year, Erdogan's regime arrested thousands of critics on the pretext that they sympathized with Gülen's preoccupation with terrorism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Than 10,000 Arrested Protesters in America
- » Scientists Have Revealed Dinosaurs Last Meal
- » New Evidence Suggests That Mars Indeed Had a Ring
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 6.8 Struck Off Chile’s Coast
- » Trump Threatens to Deploy the US MiIitary if "Violent Protests" Continue
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises