Snowstorm Chaos as Drivers Stranded on Main Greek Highway (video)
Hundreds of drivers have been stranded on the main Athens to Thessaloniki highway, as a snow storm hit central Greece, on Friday./ thegreekreporter
According to reports, traffic came to a standstill about 100 km north of Athens, just north of Lake Yliki.
A 14 km long jam formed, as thousands of Athenians were travelling north for the Christmas holidays.
Officials say that it could take hours to clear the highway from the snow. More than a dozen snowplowing vehicles are operating in this particular section of the road.
Heavy snow has caused problems in other parts of Greece, as well. Emergency services freed passengers of a bus that was stranded near Kalavryta, in the Peloponnese.
Traffic police is urging drivers to exercise extreme caution as night falls and ice forms on the roads.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started