Orban: Hungary will Block any EU Punishment Against Poland
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban today said that for Hungary, a strong Poland is a vital member of the Central European group and will therefore block any action to temporarily suspend Poland's voting rights in the EU, Reuters reported.
Orban said that Poland, attacked by Brussels for its judicial reform, was criticized unfairly and biased, and once again said that Hungary would not support any attempt to trigger Article 7 of the EU treaty that leads to the imposition of sanctions, informs BTA.
The EU must clearly understand that it is pointless even to initiate proceedings against Poland, because Hungary will react and raise an "insurmountable obstacle" on this path, the Hungarian prime minister said. He has previously stated that he will not vote in favor of a punitive procedure against Poland.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Another Legislative Veto by President
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Ananiev with Four New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Government of India Bans 59 Mobile Apps
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov, Health Minister and NOH Discussed the Distribution of COVID-19 in Bulgaria