Bulgarian Road Hauliers State Readiness to Protest if Greek Farmers Block Border
Bulgarian transport workers said on 20th of December they were ready to immediately stage protests if the Greek farmers fulfill their intentions to block the border crossings with Bulgaria in the middle of next month. Some days ago, farmers from Bulgaria’s southern neighbouring country announced that they were planning an effective protest because of increased social security contributions and a reduced rate of social benefits.
Bulgarian transport workers are firm that they will not allow the closure of Kulata-Promahon border checkpoint by protesting Greek farmers.
So far, no Bulgarian road hauliers has received compensation for the losses it suffered for the blockade of the border by Greek farmers over the past few years.
At the beginning of 2017, when Greek farmers tried to block Promahon-Kulata border, their technical equipment was stopped by the police and border closure was not allowed./ Bulgarian National Television
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend