Officially: Minimum Wage is Going to be BGN 510 From January 1, 2018
The minimum wage is going to be BGN 510 from January 1, 2018. MPs decided today. This is an increase of 10.9% compared to the current year./bTV
Higher minimum wage rates will motivate jobseekers and help reduce the risk of poverty among workers. The increase reflects the government's declared priority of sustainably raising the standard of living, the government's press service noted.
The increase in the minimum wage to BGN 510 is facilitated by economic growth, sustainable GDP growth in recent years, an increase in the number of employed and the growth of the average wage in the country.
From 1 January 2018, the minimum hourly wage will be 3,07 BGN.
- » Heavy Traffic from Serbia to Bulgaria via Kalotina
- » Soon 13 New Trams will be Delivered in Sofia
- » Soon Starts the Construction of an Underpass at Pencho Slaveykov Blvd in Sofia
- » New service: Sofia Residents can Buy a Ticket for Underground and Public transport via Phone
- » Drinking Water in Sofia is Among the Best in Europe
- » Municipality of Stamboliyski Launches Free Public Transport