EU Adopts 'Track-and-Trace' Tobacco System
The European Commission adopted on Friday a legal act requiring a 'track-and-trace' system for tobacco products to tackle smuggling and tax avoidance, EUOBSERVER reported.
Tobacco control groups were worried the system would lack independence, but the commission said in a statement on Friday that control of the system will be fully "in the hands of the national authorities (and not the tobacco industry)"
- » BNR: Old Railway Line in Sofia to Be Transformed into Park Bike Lane
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » Eco-Activists Tried to Block Heathrow Airport with Drones
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People