PERSIAN GULF COMPANIES MAY ACQUIRE BALKAN
Business | September 9, 2001, Sunday // 00:00
The Emirates Group and Gulf Air are the two airlines that may invest in the Bulgarian Balkan airline, the management of the national carrier announced. Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg confirmed the information. Gulf Air already negotiates with Gad Zeevi for 67% of his Balkan shares. The negotiations are expected to end in the beginning of October, unofficial sources disclosed. In case that one of the candidate companies buys the Balkan carrier, it will have to cover all its debts. Special plan for the quick rehabilitation of the airline should be prepared and executed too. Gulf Air is the national carrier of Bahrain, Oman and Qatar. The Emirates Group is the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive