CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
The team of CSKA Sofia achieved a 2-1 victory after extra minutes in a match against Ludogorets and eliminated the champion of the Bulgarian Cup football tournament. The quarterfinal match was played in front of about 6000 spectators of the Bulgarian Army Stadium and the decisive goal was scored by Kiril Despodov in the 96th minute.
Regular time ended in 1:1. The hosts led in the 9th minute after a powerful 30-meter shot by Nikolay Bodurov and the guests equalized in the 34th minute after penalty because of a foul against Marcelinho and scored by Cosmin Moti.
CSKA Sofia is the third semi-finalist in the Bulgarian Cup after Botev and Slavia already reached that stage. The last contender for the award this season will be known after tomorrow's match between Dunav and Levski in Rousse.
- » Bulgarian Football Champion Ludogorets Bought Israel's Top Scorer
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out from the Top 30 for the First Time since August 2016
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR
- » Official: Lubo Penev is the New Coach of CSKA Sofia Taking over from El Maestro