CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
The team of CSKA Sofia achieved a 2-1 victory after extra minutes in a match against Ludogorets and eliminated the champion of the Bulgarian Cup football tournament. The quarterfinal match was played in front of about 6000 spectators of the Bulgarian Army Stadium and the decisive goal was scored by Kiril Despodov in the 96th minute.
Regular time ended in 1:1. The hosts led in the 9th minute after a powerful 30-meter shot by Nikolay Bodurov and the guests equalized in the 34th minute after penalty because of a foul against Marcelinho and scored by Cosmin Moti.
CSKA Sofia is the third semi-finalist in the Bulgarian Cup after Botev and Slavia already reached that stage. The last contender for the award this season will be known after tomorrow's match between Dunav and Levski in Rousse.
- » Goalkeeper Petkov Becomes Bulgaria's Oldest Player in Disappointing 1-1 Draw with Cyprus
- » Bulgarian Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Extends Burton Stay
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion
- » Kubrat Pulev Could Challenge Anthony Joushua in 2019