The IMF Supports Bulgaria's Efforts to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) supports Bulgaria's efforts to join the mechanism prior to the introduction of the euro (ERM II). This was stated by the head of the mission of the Fund in Bulgaria, Jorg Decressin, quoted by investor.bg.
Jorg Decressin pointed out that joining the currency union will bring benefits but also new responsibilities to Bulgaria.
The International Monetary Fund recommends more active work for the labor market and the fight against corruption.
Today, the IMF's regular mission to the country has been finalized, with experts traditionally assessing the state of the economy and the financial system.
This happened shortly after the adoption of the Budget 2018 and the upgrading of Bulgaria's rating by two of the Fitch and Standard & Poor's credit agencies.
- » The EC Approved the Bulgarian Program to Combat Double Standards in Food
- » The EC has Warned Bulgaria to Comply with th Green Laws
- » Bulgaria to Formally Apply to Join EU's Banking Union
- » GERB Leader: I am Convinced that Austria and Romania will Continue the Key Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria Entered a Schengen Mode for the Eurozone Too
- » ECB Could take more than One Tear to Assess Bulgaria's Banking Union Bid