Palestine will Demand Full Membership of the UN, Mahmoud Abbas said
Palestinians "will turn to the United Nations Security Council for full membership of the United Nations," Mahmoud Abbas, the country's president, told Reuters.
Abbas, who spoke at an extraordinary meeting of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation (IIS) in Istanbul, did not explain exactly how the Palestinians intend to become a full member. He said he would ask the General Assembly to vote to abolish Israel's membership in the organization, he said. The reason for his speech was the decision of US President Donald Trump to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, which provoked clashes, missile fire and air strikes in the region.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry