World Bank Halts Financing of Oil and Gas Projects from 2019
The World Bank will stop funding for exploration and extraction of oil and gas by 2019, the financial institution at the climate summit announced on Tuesday aimed at boosting the transition of the global economy to cleaner energy, reports BNT.
"The World Bank will no longer finance oil and gas extraction after 2019," said in a statement in Paris where world leaders are trying to unlock more money to shift the use of fossil fuels that raise the temperature of the Earth.
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018