Return of Defeated IS Fighters 'Real Threat' to Russia
Former militants from “bandit units” in Syria are now a real threat after the defeat of Islamic State, as many of them may be now planning to return to Russia, the RIA news agency cited the head of Russia’s FSB security service as saying on Tuesday.
The FSB head, Alexander Bortnikov, also told a meeting of Russia’s National Anti-Terrorism Committee the security service had uncovered an underground cell of extremists from Central Asia planning to carry out “terrorist acts” during the New Year and Russia’s 2018 presidential campaign in the Moscow region.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: From Today Changes in the List of Countries falling into the Red Zone
- » WHO: Travel Restrictions are Ineffective during a Pandemic
- » Boris Johnson: No Masks and COVID Certificates from Next Week
- » The White House: Russia could Launch an Invasion of Ukraine at any time
- » Erdogan invites Leaders of Russia and Ukraine to Talks in Turkey
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday