Police Respond to Possible Еxplosion Near Port Authority Bus Station, NY
olice are responding to reports of a possible explosion near the Port Authority bus terminal at 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue, New York Police Department Sgt. Brendan Ryan said Monday, CNN reported.
The the A, C and E subway lines are being evacuated, he said.
One person is in custody, according to two NYPD sources with direct knowledge of the situation.
Francisco Ramirez said he heard two explosions as he was exiting a bus about 7:45 a.m. ET. He heard both blasts distinctly even though he was wearing headphones.
"From what I saw it sounded like it came from the subway, but I'm just guessing," he said. "It was two distinct explosions seconds from each other. As I was making my way toward the outside, I kept getting shoved by cops and there were cops at every entrance blocking and there was police and SWAT everywhere.
"It was scary. It was just a lot of chaos but I didn't see any injuries."
- » Italy Accepted a Ship with Hundreds of Immigrants
- » French Police Deploy Tear Gas & Water Cannons to Contain Fan Frenzy after World Cup Win
- » Milky Way Still Bears the 10-billion-year-old Scars of a Galactic Collision
- » Scalped Dog Gets Second Chance in Volgograd (Video)
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million