Police Respond to Possible Еxplosion Near Port Authority Bus Station, NY
olice are responding to reports of a possible explosion near the Port Authority bus terminal at 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue, New York Police Department Sgt. Brendan Ryan said Monday, CNN reported.
The the A, C and E subway lines are being evacuated, he said.
One person is in custody, according to two NYPD sources with direct knowledge of the situation.
Francisco Ramirez said he heard two explosions as he was exiting a bus about 7:45 a.m. ET. He heard both blasts distinctly even though he was wearing headphones.
"From what I saw it sounded like it came from the subway, but I'm just guessing," he said. "It was two distinct explosions seconds from each other. As I was making my way toward the outside, I kept getting shoved by cops and there were cops at every entrance blocking and there was police and SWAT everywhere.
"It was scary. It was just a lot of chaos but I didn't see any injuries."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Media: Tensions between Bulgaria and North Macedonia are Decreasing
- » Joe Biden: An Attack on Ukraine would be the "Biggest Invasion" since World War II
- » Croatian President: Croatia will Withdraw its Troops from NATO in case of Russia-Ukraine Conflict
- » Russia has launched Military Maneuvers near Ukraine and in Annexed Crimea
- » British Foreign Minister: United Kingdom Unlikely to Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Ukraine's Security Service claims to have Thwarted “Armed Attacks” by a Russian Criminal Group