Google Maps will Soon Indicate When it's Time to Get off the Bus or Train
US Internet giant Google is about to release a small but significant update to its Google Maps cartographic service that will provide real-time guidance and notifications during a trip, Tech Crunch writes.
The idea is to provide timely information as you move to a specific goal.
Updates will appear in the Google Maps app, and even more importantly, they will also be visible when the phone is locked.
To get started, you need to enter where you want to go, and then you can choose a "Start" button that will appear at the bottom of the screen. After that, live updates will begin to appear while you are walking or riding in public transport.
The goal is Google Maps to tell you important things like when to get off the bus and if your train is near your final stop, so you have time to prepare. These features will be particularly useful when traveling to a new location or when you are on a long journey and can fall asleep.
Lock screen notifications are also new, they are interactive and can be scrolled while you are still moving.
Tech Crunch expects these improvements to be released soon.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Number of Students Willing to Study Abroad Dwindling - Bulgarian Education Ministry
- » The Economist Demands Resignaion of Kristalina Georgieva as Head of the IMF
- » Five Climbers Die in Elbrus, Europe's Highest Peak in Russian Caucasus
- » EU Common e-device Chargers - Make It or Break It
- » The Situation with COVID-19 in the Balkans
- » Prof. Vitanov Sends New Alarm: Universe May Be Drowned in Our Tears