SYNDICATES THREATEN WITH NATION WIDE STRIKE
Politics | September 9, 2001, Sunday // 00:00
The Confederation of the Independent Syndicates in Bulgaria will organize a nation-wide strike in case of unreasonable state administration layoffs. The confederation also demands at least 10% increase for the budget salaries. A letter with the demands of the Confederation of the Independent Syndicates was sent to the Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy Nikolay Vassilev, Deputy Prime Minister and Social Minister Lidiya Shuleva, State Administration Minister Dimitur Kalchev and Finance Minister Milen Velchev. The syndicate also insisted on creation of mechanisms that will compensate the electricity and central heating price increase. The prices of electricity and heating are to be increased by 10% in October. Finance Minister Velchev announced that it will be known by the end of September whether the budget salaries will be raised. The possibility for such an increase is small because of the current pension overdraft.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov: We are Witnessing Attacks against the Parliamentary Republic
- » Ninova on the events in the Bulgarian Parliament: Genders against Fascists
- » Radev: I don't expect the Kiss between Borissov and Petkov to give Birth to anything other than Disgust
- » Bulgaria: Insecure Pro-Russian MPs Spat, Yelled and tried to Fight in Parliament
- » Borissov: Denkov and Mariya Gabriel are Close to Making a Decision
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo