Russia's Putin Says Will Seek New Presidential Term in 2018
(Reuters) Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on Wednesday he would seek re-election in March 2018, a contest opinion polls show he will comfortably win, setting the stage for him to extend his dominance of Russia’s political landscape into a third decade.
“I will put forward my candidacy for the post of president of the Russian Federation,” Putin told an audience of workers at a car-making factory in the Volga city of Nizhny Novgorod.
- » Putin says Russia will not Cede Crimea under any Circumstances
- » Four Russian Soldiers were Killed during Fights in Syria
- » Russia will soon Open Bridge linking Crimea to Russia
- » Thousands Arrested in Protest against Putin
- » Thousands Protest in Moscow over the Blocking of Telegram
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration