The First London Electric Cabs are now on the Streets
The first black electric-powered taxis are now on the streets of London in pursuance of the new pollution abatement regulation in the British capital, the France press reported.
Electricity charges replace diesel cars under a regulation under which any new taxi in London by 2018 should have very low pollutant emissions.
About 9,000 such taxis will be put into use by 2021, which represents half of the current fleet.
- » Italy Accepted a Ship with Hundreds of Immigrants
- » French Police Deploy Tear Gas & Water Cannons to Contain Fan Frenzy after World Cup Win
- » Milky Way Still Bears the 10-billion-year-old Scars of a Galactic Collision
- » Scalped Dog Gets Second Chance in Volgograd (Video)
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million