Spain has Suspended the International Arrest Warrant for Puigdemont
Spain's Supreme Court said it had withdrawn the international arrest warrant for former Catalunya leader Carles Puigdemont and four cabinet ministers, indicating that politicians have shown readiness to return to Spain, AFP reports.
All five fled to Belgium after the unilateral declaration of independence by the Catalan Parliament on October 27, which was declared illegal by the Spanish courts.
Withdrawal of the international arrest warrant also prevents more than one jurisdiction from overseeing and directing the case, the Spanish court said.
However, the Puigdemont arrest warrant issued by the Spanish authorities remains in force and this means that if he and the other Catalan politicians return to Spain, they will be arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests