Mogherini: Six Countries from the Western Balkans can Join the EU by 2019
EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini said six countries in the Western Balkans could join the EU by 2019, TASS reported.
"I do not think that in the future the European Union will have 27 member countries, I think they will be more", said Mogherini yesterday in an interview with Euronews TV.
"And when I say that in two years towards the end of our mandate, we will make progress in relations with the six Western Balkan countries - a progress that can not be called into question, I speak seriously. I really believe that, "Mogherini said.
According to her, the EU has an interest in the Western Balkans becoming part of the European family for reasons of security and economics. Of course, all the necessary reforms must first be done, serious changes need to be made in the societies and in the work of the political institutions. The heads of state and citizens in the region are ready for this, she noted.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » EU to Hit Google with 4.3 Billion Euro Fine in Android Case
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
- » Former UK Minister Calls for Second Vote on Brexit to End Stalemate
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million