Turkish Authorities Seized 19 Tonnes of Toys, Most of them Carcinogenic, Imported from China
Turkish authorities seized 19 tonnes of toys smuggled into the country from China, with most of them containing carcinogenic substances, Turkish Hambert newspaper reports today.
It can not be excluded that such toys are already on the market, the release notes. The toys were hidden in four containers. Analyzes have found that they contain heavy metals, phthalates and substances that can lead to reproductive and nervous system disorders.
Experts estimate that around 5 percent of toys in Turkey are smuggled and recommend citizens to buy such goods from stores they trust. 80 percent of smuggled toys originated in China.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District