Romania's Economic Growth Increased Sharply in the Last Three Months
Romania's economic expansion sharply improved during the three months to the end of September, data confirm the preliminary assessment of official national statistics, 24chasa reported.
Romania's gross domestic product grew on a seasonally adjusted basis by 2.6% in the third quarter compared to the previous three months when it expanded by 2%, marking the best growth since the beginning of 2008. On an annual basis, Romania's GDP rose by 8.6% after an expansion of 6.1% in the period April to June.
Uncorrected data reported acceleration of the Romanian economy's growth in the third quarter to 8.8% from 6.1% in the second quarter. This represents the strongest economic expansion in our neighboring country since the third quarter of 2008.
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018