Syrian is the Organizer of the Scheme For Illegal Export of Medicines Abroad
A man from Syria is the organizer of the scheme for illegal export of medicines abroad. He is one of the detained during the operation of the GDBOP yesterday, the BNR announced, quoted by BGNES.
The criminal group has worked with doctors from many hospitals in the country, according to data from the investigators. Among them is a director of a medical establishment.
The scheme of the criminal group was to prescribe medication, but instead of giving them to the patients, the doctors were exported from the medical institutions. The medications are then repackaged and re-exported abroad. Hospitals have been one of the options for getting medicines.
For the other, expensive preparations for children and cancer patients have been removed from pharmacies, but documents show medications are written to specific people.
There is yet to be an expertise to determine the exact cost of the drugs found in the warehouse. Initial information is about millions of dollars.
- » Nearly BGN 10 000 were Stolen from a Shop in Sofia
- » Cyberattack on Singapore Health Database Steals Details of 1.5 Million, Including PM
- » EUR 17,000 were Stolen from a Man in a Train Traveling from Sofia
- » Record for Bulgaria: Family Gave EUR 40,000 to Phone Scammers
- » Vandals Cut 29 Newly Planted Trees on Sofia's Ring Road
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop