German Police Prevented an Explosion at a Christmas Market in Potsdam
German police evacuated the Christmas market and the surrounding area in the city of Potsdam near the capital Berlin to check out a suspicious object that appears to contain an explosive device, news agencies said.
Later the explosives were destroyed in controlled environment. The package was 40x50 cm in size and was delivered to a pharmacy near the market. Germany has a high degree of alarm over potential terrorist attacks after last year's truck-assault at a Christmas market in Berlin, Reuters reports.
- » Lava Bomb Hits Hawaiian Tour Boat Near Kilauea Volcano
- » Whole Block of Flats was Evacuated in Chepelare after Children's Play with Fire
- » Seaside Restaurant Floor Collapses, 29 People Injured
- » Passengers Hospitalised as Ryanair Makes Emergency Landing
- » Controversial Shopping Mall Partly Collapses in Mexico City
- » Nineteen People Died in an Explosion at a Factory in China