A Large Iceberg Broke from the Gray Glacier near Chile
A large iceberg broke from the Gray glacier in southern Chile, Reuters reported, citing local offices.
The reason for breaking of the glacier is unknown, informs 24chasa. From the National Forest Corporation (CONAF) to the Chilean Ministry of Agriculture, they shared in social media a photo of the huge blue-white ice block 350 meters in length and 380 meters in width lying in the waters of the ice lagoon near the southern tip of the South America.
Gray glacier is on the Terres del Paine National Park - a leading tourist attraction in Chile, famous for its remarkable mountain views and visited by more than 115,000 people a year. The park reports that such tears are rare and have not happened since the 1990s.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water